Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Indianapolis...

Have I ever mentioned how much I love this town? (Go Colts!)

Karl and I decided to drive up and stay overnight to celebrate our anniversary. We left directly from work Monday night and got to Pat's a little after 10.

Pat cooked us dinner (yummy spaghetti) and we all settled down for the night. The next day Karl and I started our prowling with plans to meet up with Pat and Janice after Pat got off of work.

We hit Tienda Morrello #1, International Market, Meijer and International Bazaar. Mushy peas, curry paste and rose petal jam. The jam is going to be the filling in a cake I think.

P and J met up with us right as we finished in International Bazaar. Together we drove to 86th St. and Trader Joe's.

Trader Joe's is one of my favorite places. Three Buck Chuck and This Fig Walked Into a Bar are just one of the many delights that await you. This trip yielded two loaves of bread, Canadian White and Shepherd's Loaf, Comte sheese, goat brie, greek style yogurt, dried navel oranges, dried white peaches and dried black currants, pistachio nut meats, several sauces including a Thai Yellow Curry and a Masala Simmer Sauce. Other various bits and sundry and the triumph of the trip, White Truffle Oil. I can't wait to use it. My first plan is to pan roast the peruvian purple and yukon gold potatoes with a touch of truffle oil and sea salt. Who knows where I'll go from there...

From TJ's we ended our shopping at Saraga. Janice had never been there before and watching her delighted reaction was almost as good as the shopping. This trip yielded 6 more pounds of my favorite sea salt, honey powder, tofu noodles, udon noodles, soup noodles, carrot noodles, maybe some other kind of noodles, Idris Fiery Ginger Beer, coconut water, cuttlefish crackers and vegetarian crackers. We also bought this incredible double sided griddle pan.

We finished up with dinner at Buca di Beppo and headed home. It was an absolutely lovely day and I love Karl in general and for convincing me to go even though I was being a whiney baby.

I love you babe, happy anniversary.

No comments: